WAFF was first incorporated as WAF (Waimea Alumni Foundation) in1993 by members of the Class of 1937 and supporters from the school and community. The Foundation was active for a few years but was struggling. In 1993, concerned alumni and friends rallied to kick start the organization. Renamed WAFF (Waimea Alumni and Friends Foundation), the Foundation celebrated their 20th Anniversary in 2014.
Presently, the Foundation has over 400 Lifetime Members and alumni who may choose to purchase an annual membership. All alumni are welcome to join and be a part of WAFF. The membership form may be found on here. Our Board of Directors meets on the second Tuesday of each month at the Waimea Neighborhood Center. Our meetings begin at 6:30 pm, culminating in a potluck dinner.
We involve ourselves in an array of activities that provide support to the students and staff of Waimea High School. Some of our major accomplishments for the 2018-2019 year are:
- In 2018, the Foundation provided 15 scholarships to the Class of 2018. At present, we are still in the midst of selecting our scholarship recipients for 2019.
- Since, 1996, the Foundation has recognized 108 individuals who have contributed to their school and/or community, with the Spirit Award.
- Our Lifetime Members roster has surpassed the 425 mark and is still climbing
- As of January, 2019, the Foundation has provided funding for Waimea High School in the form of grants for school projects ($115,000), scholarships (approx. $109,800), and fundraising opportunities for school related programs ($90,000).
- As of April, 2019, we’ve added seven new Business Partners: Aqua Engineers, Diversified Awards and Engraving, Pacific Tile, S&S; Business Machines, Sign Art, First Hawaiian Bank, and Aunty Lilikoi Products.
- WAFF Fund raising activities have included: WAFF Carnival , Golf Tournament, Corn harvest, Mango harvest, Cookbook sales, T-shirts and Alumni memorabilia, and Pancake Breakfast.
We thank you for your continued support of WAFF and Waimea High School. Let us continue to work together in supporting our Alma Mater, students, and staff!
Pupukahi I Holomua (Unite to move forward)!